Newnham Scouts run two buses: a 17-seater and an accessible 15-seater. They are available for loan to local Scout groups and other organisations with a Section 19 permit (UK and Scouting information). There is a mileage charge which includes all costs for fuel and insurance. Our box trailer can be towed by the 17-seater and can also be borrowed at £15/day. If it's not needed, you can collect the trailer the evening before you leave at no extra charge, to help with packing.
|Seats (including driver):||15||17||Trailer|
|Make and Model:||Renault Master||Ford Transit||Ifor Williams BV105|
|Reg number:||EU08 KBY||GX14 NFL|
|Height:||2.5m||2.33m (2.63m w. aerial)||6' headroom|
|Length:||5.9m||6.5m||4.7m (3m internal)|
|Width (incl. mirrors):||2.44m|
|Width (excl. mirrors):||2.0m||2.0m||2.1m (1.47m internal)|
|Tail Lift?||Yes||No, wheelchair ramps only|
|Needs D1? (more info)||No||Only if with trailer||Yes|
|Mileage charge (£/mile)||0.85||0.95||-|
|Minimum charge (£/day)||30||40||15|
15 seater in green and 17 seater in orange.
- Add your Group to our Approved Groups list (here)
- Send a copy of your Section 19 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add each driver to our Approved Driver Log (here)
- Send a copy of each driver's licence to email@example.com
- Select your dates and minibus if you have a preference (here).
- We'll review your Section 19, proposed drivers, requested dates and bus and get back to you.
Our Loan Policy can be downloaded here.